Interrail reservations in Turkey
Switzerland is an amazing, mysterious, country to explore by Interrail! Turkey has some international connections to neighbouring countries, only over-night. All day-trains within Turkey are free of charge! For all international trains a seat reservation is required. Below you can find all details of trains in Turkey. Interrail reservations in Turkey that can be made online are indicated in blue, otherwise simply make a reservation at any manned train station.
|Train Type||Specific Train Name||Operator||Reservation||2nd class||1st class||Destinations|
|NightTrain||Balkan Express, Bosphorus Express, Doğu Ekspresi, Toros Ekspresi, Vangölü Ekspresi||TCDD||Required||€10.00-€33.00||€77.00||Bulgaria, Iran*, Romania, Turkey|
* Your Interrail pass is not valid within Iran.
* Your Interrail pass is also valid on the various other NightTrains in Turkey.
* Your Interrail pass is not valid on the subway in Istanbul, however if you intend to travel towards the Asian continent a ticket officer might be willing to provide you with a stamp for unlimited travel on the subway to get to/from Pendik (Istanbul YHT station). Otherwise you will need to buy the Istanbul Kart.
* To get from Istanbul Sirkeci (European continent) to Istanbul Pendik (Asian continent) one needs to take the Marmaray to Ayrılık Çeşmesi, where one can meak a transfer on the subway to Pendik. From there it is a 10 minute walk Istanbul Pendik YHT station (walk down-hill).
* Want to know more about the various Night-Trains? Have a look at the night trains section.