Interrail reservations in The Netherlands
The Netherlands is a lovely country to explore by Interrail! The Netherlands has many international connections to all neighbouring countries, only during the day. All Regional trains and InterCities are free of charge. Below you can find all details of trains in The Netherlands. Interrail reservations in The Netherlands that can be made online are indicated in blue, otherwise simply make a reservation at any manned train station (a service fee of €10.00 is applicable).
|Train Type||Specific Train Name||Operator||Reservation||2nd class||1st class||Destinations|
|Regional||–||NS||–||–||–||Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands|
|InterCity||–||NS||–||–||–||Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands|
|HighSpeed||Intercity Direct||NS||Required||€01.40-€02.40||€01.40-€02.40||the Netherlands|
|HighSpeed||ICE||DBahn||Optional||€04.50||€05.90||Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland|
|HighSpeed||Thalys||SNCF||Required||€15.00-€25.00||€20.00-€30.00||Belgium, France, the Netherlands|
|HighSpeed||Eurostar||Eurostar||Required||€35.00||€43.00||Belgium, the Netherlands, United Kingdom|
* A reservation for the InterCity to/from Berlin is optional, but highly recommended in the summer period.
* A reservation for the ICE is required when you travel only between Amsterdam-Utrecht-Arnhem within the Netherlands.
* A reservation for the InterCity Direct is required when you travel between Rotterdam-Schiphol, unless your travel to/from Belgium.
* Your Interrail pass is also valid on the RET buses between Rotterdam-Hoek van Holland.
* Your Interrail pass is also valid on the DBahn IC Bus, which covers various routes that are not well connected by train. A supplement of €04.50 is required, which you will need to buy at the train station.
* There is a budget-friendly alternative for traveling into France with IZY, more specifically Brussels-Paris. Interrail is not accepted on this train, however a 2nd class ticket costs only between €10.00 and €19.00 and a 1st class ticket costs €29.00.
* Your Interrail pass is also valid with local transport from operator Abellio, Arriva, Breng, Blauwnet/Keolis, Connexxion, Eurobahn, Euregiobahn, R-Net.
* Your Interrail pass is also valid on the Stena Line Ferries between the Netherlands and the United Kingdom, however an additional supplement is required.
* Want to know more about the various Ferries? Have a look at the ferries section.