Interrail reservations in Switzerland
Switzerland is an amazing country to explore by Interrail! Switzerland has many international connections to neighbouring countries, during the day but also over-night in some specific cases. All trains within Switzerland are free of charge! For some international trains a seat reservation is required. Below you can find all details of trains in Switzerland. Interrail reservations in Switzerland that can be made online are indicated in blue, otherwise simply make a reservation at any manned train station.
|Train Type||Train Name||Operator||Reservation||2nd class||1st class||Destinations|
|Regional||–||SBB||–||–||–||Austria, Germany, France, Italy, Liechtenstein|
|InterCity||EuroCity||SBB||Optional||€04.50||€04.50||Austria, Germany, Italy, Switzerland|
|InterCity||RailJet||ÖBB||Optional||€03.00||€03.00||Austria, Hungary, Switzerland|
|HighSpeed||ICE||DBahn||Optional||€04.50||€05.90||Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands|
|HighSpeed||TGV Lyria||SNCF||Required||€16.00||€26.00||France, Switzerland|
|NightTrain||D-Train, EuroNight, NightJet||ÖBB||Required||€03.50-€114.00||€03.50-€134.00||Austria, Croatia, Hungary, Serbia, Slovenia, Switzerland|
* International travel with the EuroCity to/from Italy requires a reservation. The reservation fee is approximately €10.00 2nd class and €15.00 1st class.
* Your Interrail pass is also valid with local transport from operators AB, ASM, Bernina Express (only the public part), BDWM, BLS, BLT, Centovalli Express, Centovalli Panorama (reservation required), Centovalli Regionale, Glacier Express (only the public part), Chemins de Fer du Jura, Fornbach, FW, LEB, MBC, MGB, MOB, MVR, NstCM, RA, RhB, SOB, SSIF, THURBO, TILO, TMR, TPC, TPF, Travys, TRN, WB, WSB, ZB.
* Your Interrail pass is also valid on the DBahn IC Bus, which covers various routes that are not well connected by train. A supplement of €04.50 is required, which you will need to buy at the train station.
* Your interrail pass offers you various discounts with other private railways in Switzerland, https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/trains-europe/railway-companies/swiss-railway-companies-discounted.
* Want to know more about the various Night-Trains? Have a look at the night trains section.