Interrail reservations in Spain
Spain is a lovely country to explore by Interrail! France has many international connections to neighbouring countries, during the day but also over-night in some specific cases. Unfortunately you will Spain an additional seat reservation for almost all trains within Spain. Below you can find all details of trains in Spain. Interrail reservations in Spain that can be made online are indicated in blue, otherwise simply make a reservation at any manned train station.
|Train Type||Train Name||Operator||Reservation||2nd class||1st class||Destinations|
|InterCity||Arco, Media Distancia, Regional Express||Renfe||Required||€04.00-€06.50||€04.00-€06.50||Spain|
|HighSpeed||Altaria, Alvia, Euromed, Talgo||SNCF||Required||€06.50||€10.00||Spain|
|HighSpeed||AVE/TGV Elipsos||Renfe-SNCF||Required||€15.00-€34.00||€20.00-€48.00||France, Spain|
|NightTrain||Intercités de Nuit||SNCF||Required||€10.00-€21.50||€21.50||France, Spain|
|NightTrain||Galicia, Lusitania, Sud Expresso||Trenhotel||Required||€07.00-€85.00||€10.00-€150.00||France, Portugal, Spain|
* Reservations for the Media Distancia Trains between Barcelona and Port-Bou are not required.
* The Regional Express Trains between Madrid, Leon, Vitoria and Albacete and between Ciudad Real and Alicante require an additional reservation.
* Did you know that your Interrail pass is also valid on the Africa Morocco Link Ferries, Balearia Ferries and Grimaldi Lines Ferries between Spain, Italy and Sardinia? However an additional supplement is required.
* Your interrail pass is not valid on the Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya, however pass holders do get a 50% discount.
* Your Interrail pass is also valid on all SNCF train replacement buses.
* Did you know that your Interrail pass is also valid on the Renfe buses between Valencia Nord Station and Valencia S. Joaquin Sorolla Station?
* Want to know more about the various Night-Trains? Then have a look at the night trains section.
* Want to know more about the various Ferries? Then have a look at the ferries section.