Interrail reservations in Germany
Germany is an amazing country to explore by Interrail! Germany has frequent connections to all neighbouring countries, only during the day. You can simply hop on virtually any train free of charge with Interrail. Below you can find all details of trains in Germany. Interrail reservations in Germany that can be made online are indicated in blue, otherwise simply make a reservation at any manned train station.
|Train Type||Specific Train Name||Operator||Reservation||2nd class||1st class||Destinations|
|Suburban||S-Bahn||DBahn||–||–||–||Germany (Berlin, Hamburg)|
|Regional||–||DBahn||–||–||–||Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Poland, Switzerland, the Netherlands|
|InterCity||–||DBahn||Optional||€04.50||€05.90||Austria, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands|
|InterCity||EuroCity||DBahn||Optional||€04.50||€05.90||Austria, Denmark*, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy*, Slovenia, Switzerland|
|InterCity||RailJet||ÖBB||Optional||€03.00||€03.00||Austria, Germany, Hungary|
|HighSpeed||ICE||DBahn||Optional||€04.50||€05.90||Austria, Belgium, France*, Germany, Switzerland, the Netherlands|
|HighSpeed||Alleo||SNCF||Required||€20.00-€25.00||€25.00-€30.00||Belgium, Germany, France|
|NightTrain||EuroNight, NightJet, Snälltåget||DBahn||Required||€06.00-€114.00||€66.00-€199.00||Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Serbia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland|
* International travel with the EuroCity to/from Italy requires a reservation. Note that the reservation fee is approximately €10.00 2nd class and €15.00 1st class.
* International travel with the ICE to/from France requires a reservation. Note that the reservation fee is approximately €25.00 2nd class and €30.00 1st class.
* During the summer period a reservation is required for the EuroCity between Germany (Hamburg) and Denmark (Copenhagen).
* During the summer period there is an over-night InterCity between Germany (Hamburg) and Denmark (Copenhagen).
* Your Interrail pass is also valid with the S-Bahn Trains in Berlin and Hamburg.
* Your Interrail pass is also valid on the DBahn IC Bus, which covers various routes that are not well connected by train. A supplement of €04.50 is required, which you will need to buy at the train station.
* Your Interrail pass is also valid with local transport from operators Abellio, AG, ALEX, Arriva, BLB, BOB-FN, BRB, BSB, CAN, CB, EB, Eisenbahn, ERX, Eurobahn, Euregiobahn, EVB, HEX, HLB,HZL, M,ME, MRB, NEB, NOB, NWB, ODEG, OSB, RT (only from/to Warburg), RTB, S28, SAA, STB, SWEG, TransRegio, VBG, VTA and WFB.
* Reservations for the BWE and the various Night-Trains cannot be made online, except for the seasonal Snälltåget NightTrain between Berlin and Malmö.
* Want to know more about the various Night-Trains? Have a look at the night trains section.