Interrail reservations in France
France is a lovely country to explore by Interrail! France has many international connections to neighbouring countries, during the day but also over-night in some specific cases. All regional trains, and most of the InterCities, within France are free of charge. For all other trains a seat reservation is required. Below you can find all details of trains in France. Interrail reservations in France that can be made online are indicated in blue, otherwise simply make a reservation at any manned train station.
|Train Type||Specific Train Name||Operator||Reservation||2nd class||1st class||Destinations|
|Regional||–||SNCF||–||–||–||Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Monaco, Switzerland|
|InterCity||EuroCity||Thello||Required||€20.00-€56.00||€24.00-€91.00||France, Italy, Monaco|
|HighSpeed||AVE/TGV Elipsos||Renfe-SNCF||Required||€15.00-€34.00||€20.00-€48.00||France, Spain|
|HighSpeed||TGV Lyria||SNCF||Required||€16.00||€26.00||France, Switzerland|
|HighSpeed||TGV, inOUI||SNCF||Required||€06.00-€20.00||€06.00-€30.00||Belgium, France, Luxembourg|
|HighSpeed||Thalys||SNCF||Required||€15.00-€25.00||€20.00-€30.00||Belgium, France, the Netherlands|
|HighSpeed||Eurostar||Eurostar||Required||€30.00||€38.00||France, United Kingdom|
|NightTrain||Intercités de Nuit||SNCF||Required||€10.00-€21.50||€21.50||France, Spain|
|NightTrain||EuroNight||Thello||Required||€71.00-€143.00||€215.00||France, Italy, Monaco|
|NightTrain||Sud Expresso||Trenhotel||Required||€07.00-€57.50||€86.50-€115.00||France, Spain, Portugal|
* Reservations for InterCities in France are mostly optional, however on routes where no high-speed rail alternatives are present a reservation is required.
* Your Interrail pass is also valid on the DBahn IC Bus, which covers various routes that are not well connected by train. A supplement of €04.50 is required, which you will need to buy at the train station.
* Your Interrail pass is also valid on all SNCF train replacement buses.
* Your interrail pass is valid on the EuroNight Thello Trains, however the early-booking fare might be cheaper than the standard Interrail fare.
* There is a budget-friendly alternative for traveling into Belgium with IZY, more specifically Brussels. Interrail is not accepted on this train, however a 2nd class ticket costs only between €10.00 and €19.00 and a 1st class ticket costs €29.00.
* Your Interrail pass is not valid on Ouigo HighSpeed Trains.
* Your Interrail pass is also valid on the Irish Ferries between France and Ireland, however an additional supplement is required.
* Your Interrail pass is also valid on the Stena Line Ferries between France, Ireland and the United Kingdom, however an additional supplement is required.
* Want to know more about the various Night-Trains? Have a look at the night trains section.
* Want to know more about the various Ferries? Have a look at the ferries section.